1. Introduction and Scope
CJ Spray Inc. (“CJ Spray”) and its affiliates and subsidiaries (together “we”, “our”, or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This notice describes the categories of Personal Data we process in connection with your use of any of the websites available at www.cjspray.com (“Websites”) and the services, features or content we offer (“Services”), the purposes for which Personal Data is collected, the parties with whom we share it and the security measures we take to protect your data. It also informs you about your rights and choices with respect to your Personal Data, and how you can contact us to inquire about our data protection practices. Please read this notice carefully. In the event you disagree with any provision in this notice, please do not use Websites or provide any Personal Data. This notice may change from time to time.
2. Data Controller
For the purpose of this notice
CJ Spray Inc.
2845 W Service Rd
Eagan, MN 55121
is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data as the data controller. You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling either +1 888 257 7729
3. Personal Data We Collect About You and How We Collect It
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
When visiting our Websites you have the option to provide us with Personal Data relating to you. Additionally, when you use our Services we automatically collect certain information about you and your internet usage. The specific categories of Personal Data concerned and the sources from which we obtain them are linked to the way you interact with our Websites and Services. More information about the categories of Personal Data and the ways in which we collect it are described below.
(1) Personal Data You Give to Us. Our Websites offer you the possibility of (i) contacting us via an online request form; (ii) signing up to receive e-mail alerts.
If you are a general user:
- Contact information such as your first and last name, email address, your phone number, your zip/postal code, your city, state and country of residence; and
- Professional information such as your company name.
(2) Personal Data We Automatically Collect. As you navigate through our Websites or when you interact with our Services, we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Personal Data about your device, browsing activity, and patterns, including:
- Log usage data of your visits to our Websites and use of our Services, including technical session and connection information, resources that you access, traffic data, location data, date and time of access and frequency;
- Personal Data about your computer and internet connection, hardware and software, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, browser type, language settings, web pages you viewed on our Websites, search terms and times of your visit; and
- Details of referring websites (URL) and web pages you visited prior to ours.
Our Websites use single-session (temporary) and multi-session (persistent) cookies. Temporary cookies last only as long as your web browser is open, and are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation on our Websites. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer for longer periods and are used for purposes which include tracking the number of unique visitors to our Websites and Personal Data such as the number of views a page gets, how much time a user spends on a page, and other pertinent web statistics. This Personal Data identifies your browser to our servers when you visit the Websites.
(4) Social Media Plugins. When using our Websites we allow you to share information with social media sites and to access our social media profiles through so-called plugins. Social networks are able to retrieve Personal Data through those plugins, even if you don’t interact with them. Moreover, if you are logged onto a social network while visiting our Websites with social plugins imbedded in them, the network can collect and store information about such visit and link it to your social network user account. As we have no control over the data collected by social media networks through their plugins, we encourage you to read their applicable data privacy policies to learn more about them.
Once you choose to share information of our Websites on social media or when you connect with our social media profiles through the plugins, those social media sites allow us to automatically access Personal Data retained by them about you consisting of content viewed by you, content liked by you and information about the advertisements you have been shown or have clicked on. You can restrict our access to your Personal Data by changing your privacy setting on the respective social media site.
Lastly, you can access our Websites via a third-party service, e.g. from our profiles on social networks. In those cases, we collect Personal Data from your social media user account consisting of your first and last name, email address and phone number and any other information you have made public.
4. How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only process your Personal Data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes. We will not process your Personal Data for any further purposes than the ones the data was originally intended for, unless the new purpose is compatible with the original one. In the absence of compatibility, the processing of data for further purposes is subject to your prior explicit consent.
We process the Personal Data you provide us with for the purposes listed below:
If you are a general user:
- Inform you about our products and services, events, newsflashes, newsletters, surveys, purchases of services and/or products;
- Communicate with you upon a request to offer information, product support or for the purpose of customer service;
- Log the CJ Spray products you have purchased, if applicable (via Product Registration Form submitted by you); and
- Send you e-mail alerts to inform you about publications on your investors’ domain.
The Personal Data we collect automatically is statistical data that helps us improve our Websites’ features and functionalities in order to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Determine web site traffic patterns;
- Count web visits;
- Determine traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site;
- Observe site search patterns to provide more intuitive navigation cues;
- Determine user frequency and time between user visits; and
- Prevent and detect misuse and malfunction of our Websites including troubleshooting.
The processing of all the Personal Data we collect relating to you is either based (i) on your consent; (ii) necessary to provide you with our products and services at your request prior into entering into a contract with you or necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party; (iii) necessary to comply with a legal obligation; or (iv) based on our legitimate interests in ensuring the functionality of our Websites and Services and that they are tailored to your needs, unless these are overridden by your interests and rights.
5. Data Retention
As a general rule, we will not retain your Personal Data for longer than is allowed under the applicable data protection laws or for longer that is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected or otherwise processed. In the event of inactivity of your CJ Spray website account for the duration of a period of 4 years we will delete your Personal Data, unless statutory retention periods apply.
In the absence of statutory retention periods, alternatively after completion of those periods, we will erase your Personal Data. Further, we will erase your Personal Data where one of the following applies: (i) when you withdraw your consent (where lawfulness of processing was based on your consent) and there is no other legal ground for the processing; (ii) when you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; (iii) when your Personal Data has been unlawfully processed; and (iv) when it is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
6. Your Rights with Regard to Your Personal Data
You have certain rights regarding the Personal Data we maintain about you and certain choices about what Personal Data we collect from you, how we use it, and how we communicate with you.
- The right to request access to and receive information about the Personal Data we maintain about you.
- The right to rectification or erasure of your Personal Data.
- The right to restriction of processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to data portability in order to transfer your Personal Data easily to another company.
- Where Personal Data processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can tell us not to send you any further marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- The right to object to processing concerning your Personal Data.
You can submit a request to exercise these rights at any time by contacting our DPC at email@example.com, calling 1-888-257-7729, or mailing
CJ Spray Inc.
2845 W Service Road
Eagan, MN 55121
7. Data Security
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. These precautions include the use of physical, electronic and organizational measures. Physical security measures are intended to prevent unauthorized access to database equipment and hard copies of Personal Data. Electronic security measures, such as firewalls, restricted access and/or encryption are intended to monitor access to our servers and protect against hacking and other unauthorized access from remote locations. Organizational security measures are intended to limit access to Personal Data to only those employees and service providers who have a specific purpose for maintaining, using, and processing such information.
8. Third-Party Websites
Our Websites may contain links or references to other websites outside of our control. Please be aware that this notice does not apply to these websites. We encourage you to read the Data Privacy Policies and terms and conditions of linked or referenced websites you enter. These third-party websites may send their own cookies and other tracking devices to you, log your IP address, and otherwise collect data or solicit Personal Data.
9. Revisions to our Data Protection Notice
We reserve the right to amend this notice from time to time consistent with applicable data protection laws and regulations. Any changes to this notice will be posted on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat your Personal Data, we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page via a separate banner related to this Data Protection Notice.